15 March 2009

I want to fly..


I love to fly and always want to fly, to fly like a bird, like a superhero if I could. Ever since at primary school, every time I read Superman, IronMan comic and other comic book that show a man can fly, I feel very excited and think of a way of how I can do this.

I'm not sure what year it was, but it was in one episode of Benson&Hedges Golden Dream TV program where I saw a man fly using a paraglider in Australia. It was his dream to fly with a glider and B&HGD realised his dream.. I wished that time I was the one flying it but luck was not on my side because I was still in school. I know for sure that this is the type of flying I want to do. Sadly this sport activity was none existence at that time in Malaysia neither has any information about it. Internet was only a word on text book and searching of information was so traditional..ie: either book store or library.

Fast Forward 10 years to when I already land a job, I still find myself trying to find info on this flying sport from magazine at bookstore but none was available. So I have to put aside my desire to fly and do other great stuffs such as videography, photography and many other things until I finally got hook playing flying RC model like airplane and helicopter. It was challenging at first to fly RC model and I learn to fly those on my own. Off course after hours of practice on computer games and simulator game and it did help to keep the repair bill low.

I find flying is very natural to me, problem is my two feets are still on the ground flying these RC models and my neck get stiff when flying it for too long. But I'm glad I join the RC hobby because that was how I got to know people who fly paramotor. Soon after I met paramotor people, my interest of flying Rc model faded. I sold off my Rc stuffs and use the money to buy my flying gear..a new chapter begin..

No comments:

Post a Comment